Located southwest of Strasburg Pike and south of Spring
family graveyard is located on land formerly owned by
Francis Herr (1747-1810), father of Bishop John Herr
(1782-1850) who founded the Reformed Mennonite Church.
Tradition states that Francis Herr is buried here in an
- Earliest recorded
burial - 1802.
- Latest recorded
burial - 1894.
- 1930s - Albert H.
Gerberich, (reel 2, part 1, p.177).
- 1978 - Wilmer J.
Eshleman, Pennsylvania Mennonite Heritage,
vol. 1, no.
3, July 1978.
The graveyard is located in a wooded area
next to a field overlooking the Pequea Creek. A very
primative barbed-wire fence encircles the graveyard.
[0-10 rating= 4] Click here
for rating scale.
Photographs taken on the following dates: November 7,
copyright 2004, Darvin L.
Martin & Regina Christman Martin, Historic
Impressions Press, Brownstown,
All rights reserved. This document is intended for personal
use. If you wish to copy, reprint or publish any portion of the data,
photographs, maps or other media contained in this document, please
obtain written permission from Darvin L. Martin.
A limited supply of this photo CD and other CDs in the Let
These Stones Speak series, see
Historic Impressions Press is the publishing division of
genealogygoldmine.com. Please visit us at
|< Herrgrvyrd> |Transcription
List | Full
Index | List of
Cemeteries | Start | Help |