- First Presbyterian Church
- Lancaster (city), Lancaster
4. First Presbyterian
church (under the church) at 130-134 East Orange Street on
the south side.
graveyard was established in the 1770s. In 1846 the
Presbyterians helped to organize Lancaster Cemetery with the
First Reformed Church. A number of graves were destroyed
when the new church was constructed in 1850. In 1889 Evans
Chapel was built over the remaining portion of the
graveyard. These gravestones remained intact underneath the
chapel until they were cataloged and referenced by William
Early in the late 1980s.
- Earliest recorded
burial - 1764.
- Latest recorded
burial - 1835.
- 1932- William F.
Worner, National Genealogical Society Quarterly,
- undated- Lancaster
Mennonite Historical Society.
- Stacie Ringo, "A
Hidden Cemetery Comes to Life", Sunday News, Jan.15, 1989, p.C1, C6.
Evans Chapel was built over the graveyard
Historic Marker for the First
Presbyterian Church, Lancaster, Pa.
You may purchase a detailed, 67 page street map
booklet of Lancaster County, including Manor Township, through
Note: The textual
information provided for each cemetery concerning location, history
and record location is provided courtesy of the Lancaster County
and is taken from their c.1993 publication "Churches and Cemeteries
of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania" by A. Hunter Rineer. To purchase
this book or for additional information and records concerning
cemeteries please contact the historical society at their website
http://lanclio.org or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
return to Cemeteries of
return to Cemeteries
This webpage was first created
and last modified 01/05/2002
copyright 1998-2002, Darvin L. Martin,
all rights reserved