- First Reformed Church
- Lancaster (city), Lancaster
5. First Reformed Church
back of the church at 40 East Orange Street.
was started in the 1730s and filled by the 1840s. In 1846
the First Reformed Church organized the Lancaster Cemetery.
In 1872 the church graveyard was destroyed. Most stones were
moved to Lancaster Cemetery. Some were placed in church
walls on the church site. Some gravestones were stored in
the church basement for an indefinite period.
- Earliest recorded
burial - 1733.
- Latest recorded
burial - 1867.
- 1931- William F.
Worner, National Genealogical Society Quarterly,
p.79-80, (copied by H. S. Gruger, 1903); and p.90-99,
(gravestone inscriptions in rear wall and yard).
Gravestones lying flat behind the First
Reformed Church, Lancaster, Pa.
Gravestones placed in the back wall of
the First Reformed Church, Lancaster, Pa.
You may purchase a detailed, 67 page street map
booklet of Lancaster County, including Manor Township, through
Note: The textual
information provided for each cemetery concerning location, history
and record location is provided courtesy of the Lancaster County
and is taken from their c.1993 publication "Churches and Cemeteries
of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania" by A. Hunter Rineer. To purchase
this book or for additional information and records concerning
cemeteries please contact the historical society at their website
http://lanclio.org or email them at email@example.com.
return to Cemeteries of
return to Cemeteries
This webpage was first created
and last modified 01/05/2002
copyright 1998-2002, Darvin L. Martin,
all rights reserved