- Lancaster Cemetery,
- Lancaster (city), Lancaster
the east end of Lemon Street, between Park Avenue and New
Cemetery was established in 1846 by the First Reformed
Church. Later St. James Episcopal Church and First
Presbyterian Church also became associated with this
cemetery. The cemetery became an independent association in
- Earliest recorded
death - 1784.
- Latest recorded
- 1940s- William F.
Worner, vol.10, p.1, note: southeastern half of cemetery
- 1985- James L.
Templeton, Lancaster Cemetery Vol. 1, Lancaster County Historical
Society/Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society.
- Dan Neidermyer, "Old
Cemetery is Rich in Legend", Lancaster New Era, Sept. 22, 1964, p.15.
You may purchase a detailed, 67 page street map
booklet of Lancaster County, including Manor Township, through
Note: The textual
information provided for each cemetery concerning location, history
and record location is provided courtesy of the Lancaster County
and is taken from their c.1993 publication "Churches and Cemeteries
of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania" by A. Hunter Rineer. To purchase
this book or for additional information and records concerning
cemeteries please contact the historical society at their website
http://lanclio.org or email them at email@example.com.
return to Cemeteries of
return to Cemeteries
This webpage was first created
and last modified 01/05/2002
copyright 1998-2002, Darvin L. Martin,
all rights reserved