- Lancaster Friends Graveyard
- Lancaster (city), Lancaster
9. Lancaster Friends
Graveyard (former site)
the east side of South Queen Street, between Vine and Farnum
In 1759 this
burial ground was laid out in association with the Lancaster
Friends Meeting. A brick meetinghouse was also constructed
on the site. In 1802 the meetings were discontinued here.
The meetinghouse was sold in 1845 and eventually removed.
The graveyard was sold separately and destroyed by 1874. No
gravestone transcriptions were copied before the graveyard
was destroyed. There were very few gravestones at this site
because of Friends' disapproval of monuments while these
meetings were active.
You may purchase a detailed, 67 page street map
booklet of Lancaster County, including Manor Township, through
Note: The textual
information provided for each cemetery concerning location, history
and record location is provided courtesy of the Lancaster County
and is taken from their c.1993 publication "Churches and Cemeteries
of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania" by A. Hunter Rineer. To purchase
this book or for additional information and records concerning
cemeteries please contact the historical society at their website
http://lanclio.org or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
return to Cemeteries of
return to Cemeteries
This webpage was first created
and last modified 01/05/2002
copyright 1998-2002, Darvin L. Martin,
all rights reserved