- Lancaster Moravian Graveyard
- Lancaster (city), Lancaster
10. Lancaster Moravian
Graveyard (former site)
the east side of Prince Street, north of Marion
By 1746 this
graveyard was established in association with the former
site of the Lancaster Moravian Church at the southwest
corner of West Orange and Market Streets (also called St.
Andrew's Moravian Church). In 1916/1917 the graveyard was
removed and remains were placed in Greenwood Cemetery. A
memorial monument was erected at the cemetery's former
location. Today the site is occupied by a Us. Post Office.
- Earliest recorded
burial - 1748.
- Latest recorded
Transcriptions were not recorded before the
destruction of this cemetery. William F. Worner
reconstructed who was burial there through "Plan of Burying
Ground, 1836", Moravian Archives, Bethlehem, and the
lancaster Moravian Church's Burial Book.
- 1941- Willaim F.
Worner, vol.7, p.214.
You may purchase a detailed, 67 page street map
booklet of Lancaster County, including Manor Township, through
Note: The textual
information provided for each cemetery concerning location, history
and record location is provided courtesy of the Lancaster County
and is taken from their c.1993 publication "Churches and Cemeteries
of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania" by A. Hunter Rineer. To purchase
this book or for additional information and records concerning
cemeteries please contact the historical society at their website
http://lanclio.org or email them at email@example.com.
return to Cemeteries of
return to Cemeteries
This webpage was first created
and last modified 01/05/2002
copyright 1998-2002, Darvin L. Martin,
all rights reserved