- St. James Episcopal
- Lancaster (city), Lancaster
15. St. James Episcopal
north side and rear of the church at the northeast corner of
Duke and Orange Streets.
graveyard was established about 1744 and closed to further
burials in 1908. Later this church used the Lancaster
Cemetery for burials.
- Earliest recorded
- Latest recorded
- 1933- William F.
Worner, Lancaster County Historical Society
Papers, vol.37, (1933), p.137-160.
- 1963- Robert D.
Tunney, Lancaster County Historical Society
Papers, vol.67, (1933), p.126-136.
- 1901- "St. James
Church Records", Lancaster County Historical Society
- 1916- "Old St. James
Church Yard", Lancaster County Historical Society
Papers, vol.20, (1916), p.99-125.
- 1944- Harry Martin
John Klein, The
History of St. James' Church, 1744-1944, p.302-311.
The cemetery is located to the east side
of the church.
A portion of the graveyard remains to the
north of the church.
Historical Marker for St. James Episcopal
You may purchase a detailed, 67 page street map
booklet of Lancaster County, including Manor Township, through
Note: The textual
information provided for each cemetery concerning location, history
and record location is provided courtesy of the Lancaster County
and is taken from their c.1993 publication "Churches and Cemeteries
of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania" by A. Hunter Rineer. To purchase
this book or for additional information and records concerning
cemeteries please contact the historical society at their website
http://lanclio.org or email them at email@example.com.
return to Cemeteries of
return to Cemeteries
This webpage was first created
and last modified 01/05/2002
copyright 1998-2002, Darvin L. Martin,
all rights reserved