St Mary Roman Catholic Cemetery (former site),
Lancaster (city), Lancaster Co., PA

17. St. Mary's Roman Catholic Cemetery (former site)

Adjoined the church at the southeast corner of Prince and Vine Streets.

History:

This graveyard was started about 1742. In 1853, St. Mary's established a new cemetery along New Holland Avenue. Remains and gravestones were moved from the church site to this new site in 1883. No known transcriptions were made from the gravestones before they were moved to the new cemetery.

 

You may purchase a detailed, 67 page street map booklet of Lancaster County, including Manor Township, through Alexanderia Drafting Company.


Note: The textual information provided for each cemetery concerning location, history and record location is provided courtesy of the Lancaster County Historical Society and is taken from their c.1993 publication "Churches and Cemeteries of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania" by A. Hunter Rineer. To purchase this book or for additional information and records concerning cemeteries please contact the historical society at their website http://lanclio.org or email them at lchs@ptd.net.
return to
Cemeteries of Lancaster City

return to Cemeteries Online! homepage

This webpage was first created 6/23/1998

and last modified 01/05/2002

copyright 1998-2002, Darvin L. Martin, <dlmartin@genealogygoldmine.com>

all rights reserved